Pre Natal Teacher Training 2017
I've drawn on over a decades teaching experience, the initiation into motherhood myself (twice). and my work supporting women as a birth doula, to design and deliver exceptional continuing education training programs for pre-natal yoga and movement teachers.
Yoga Detour sets some of the highest standards in the industry for continuing education. I was honoured to develop the inaugural program, a 100 hour Pre and Post Natal movement program that incorporates an exceptional faculty comprising of a pelvic floor physiotherapist, nutritionist, birth doula, pregnancy yoga and movement specialists, and a pilates teacher. The Post Natal component runs from September 8 - 10, 2017. Stay tuned for the full program running again in 2018.
Octopus Garden Yoga Centre
Join me from September 15 - 17, 2017 for the Pre Natal Teacher Training Program at Octopus Garden. Part One of this TT covers all you need to know to keep women in your regular classes safe and healthy and begin to develop your teaching skills towards teaching a pre natal yoga class to a pregnant population. Detailed information and registration at the link below!
Downward Dog Yoga Studio
For the fourth year, I am offering the Sacred Flow of Pregnancy as an elective in the Downward Dog 300 hour advanced TT program. Come and learn the basics. We cover
- pregnancy biomechanics, including changes to the musculoskeletal, hormomal and respiratory systems of the body.
- exercise guidelines
- how to teach prenatal namaskars
- contraindications and modifications for blueprint postures at all stages of pregnancy
- how labour and birth actually works
- teaching rhythm, ritual and relaxation as a way to enhance the flow of your classes and help your clients prepare for empowered birth experiences